Eternity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Skype or other net chat options

2 posters

Go down

Skype or other net chat options Empty Skype or other net chat options

Post  Guest Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:07 am

As we all are aware the game is played on iOS/android devices that mostly are phones but you can not make calls that easily while in game, and seeing as how we are all in locations where there is an active internet connection (durr) I propose that we start a Skype, or compatible service, circle/group for the upcoming dungeons and general game play. I have done this with two other players with a three way conference call while hunting during leveling and it worked great. Some may be apprehensive and I can appreciate that but in the the heat of a battle typing takes away from attacking, or at least pushing the appropriate virtual button on the screen. Skype should be free for Skype to Skype calls, I have a paid account, from the people I do freelance work for, but I will look into other options later today when I get some, hopefully positive, responses. Let me know. If you're in and have a Skype account share it via PM with member in game or here in the forums, DON'T post sensitive information in the open. Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Skype or other net chat options Empty Re: Skype or other net chat options

Post  Draxxus Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:56 am

We could just take over someone's ventrilo server haha x) That's usually what I do on other games :p I think this could be a good idea though. I usually browse the forum from my computer anyways since it's a lot easier than on my ipad.
Draxxus
Draxxus
Cookie
Cookie

Back to top Go down

Post  MyseryMuffin Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:59 am

Indeed a good idea. And i ise my itouch for forums cause im too lazy to go downstairs Razz its soooo bard to write stuff on here xD
MyseryMuffin
MyseryMuffin
Cookie
Cookie

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:19 pm

Skype is available for the iOS devices, not sure about Android but prob. You all need to test it to see if it will run in background while gaming and that it doesn't affect fps and such. I'm honestly thinking about digging up my NexusOne and getting service just to play the game over 3g without having to jailbreak, plus it has a bigger screen. I'll look into that for mobile options.

Back to top Go down

Post  Draxxus Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:41 am

That would actually be extremely legit if you could run skype in the background while playing. I'd chat some people up Very Happy Have you actually tested to see if it works Ash?
Draxxus
Draxxus
Cookie
Cookie

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:28 am

I can test it on the iPad 1 and 2, no iPod Touch, could do it on the iPhone4 but I refuse to play this game on that tiny screen, I would get too frustrated. I'll look for volunteers tomorrow after 3 P.M. EST, we can do a normal dungeon run and test it that way. So, look for me, but let me get into the game first, don't all jump on me, this old guy gets confused and startled easily. All the flashing lights and the noise. No, not really, but you know, I will need to get into game mode first.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum